Tree Pruning Landscaping in Kerry All tree’s need pruning.
All tree’s need pruning for a variety of reasons:
· remove diseased or storm-damaged branches
· thin the tree top to permit new growth and better air circulation
· reduce the height of the tree (wires etc)
· remove obstructing and lower branches
· shape a tree for design
To prune, your next decision is whether or not to tackle the job yourself. In the case of a large tree where you want to remove big branches in the upper area of the tree, it may be best to hire the experts. Large tree pruning, in particular, can require climbing and heavy saws or even cherry-pickers and chain saws. This is a job that should be left to trained and experienced professionals.
- Trees that have just leafed out in spring could be weakened by pruning too early.
- Pruning for structure and form is best left until after the leaves fall and the branches can be seen clearly.
- Remove dead wood in the summer when leafless branches are easily spotted.